Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Cleo.


past you in traffic and didn't even pay much focus to your road blocks. I braked at all the stop signs but I looked further and I saw what was really in front of me. The real reason as to why I can not drive down this road. Sometime, it feels like I need to abandon my stepping stones. Let me pack my bags and hit the yellow brick road on toe. Let me grab my sheets of papers and gather up the tears. I promise to use them towards a man that truly deserves them. I promise to write poems on lovers stories that deserve credibility. My feet will crack but will not break, my lungs will fill up with sand from this desert of discovery, the wind will wrap my hair all around my canvas. It will remind me to hold my ground, to love myself. I will not fold on this gamble of love that i've taken. I'm going to discover places I never believed existed. I'm going to take wisdom from the gypsy of the night and I will remember the words of the alchemist, I will look to the circus freak and take away beauty and talent. I am going to live well, i am going to love much, and I will continue laughing often: even at the engraves on my wrists, the extra pounds on my hips, and the trauma possessed all through me.

No comments:

Post a Comment