Tuesday, June 8, 2010


I was reading the words of a beautiful woman today. Words that could have saved me. Words that were not comprehendable to me a year ago. A language I could not taste nor did I experiment with. Her words are now my soundtrack to life. I hear the beat play behind me, I understand now where she comes from. It is now I realize how unkind I was to myself, how much I had all the love I needed, and how much I wish to turn back time for all the right reasons. I'm fighting with myself at this very moment. I am asking you to take me back and love me again. I promise to dance to your drumming, to breath strongly with the power of the wilderness, and to discover myself and through the words of all the beautiful poets you once shared with me. It is now that I appreciate you more than ever. You are like a pearl in the chaos of the sea. Thank you for having faith in me.

5 comments:

  1. The last line is amazing.

    "Your like a pearl in the chaos of the sea. Thank you for having faith in me."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jen. I really like how naturally it came out too. I never rhyme so it was a lucky accident . :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a really good writer! Some of your recent blogs can be expanded into stories. You have really good ideas. And a different way of expressing your feelings.

    <3 You should try writing a longer piece...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll try it. I doubt it will come out nicely. I lose my train of thought. and thanks for the nice comment. It means a lot coming from someone who has taken school for this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL. School doesn't make a writer hun. You just got to have it in you. I think everyone can write if they really try.

    Just try it when you have some time and who cares if it comes out the wrong way. Usually the wrong way ends up being amazing. =]

    ReplyDelete