Sunday, June 27, 2010

faceoff .


i take a breath. You're sitting in front of me. Waiting for me to speak. I have nothing to say to you that I haven't said to the wind a thousand times. "We both got ourselves here." I push the gun right back to you. You already know how sorry I am. Don't try to push anymore guilt out of me. You know my biggest payment is still loving you as much as I did a year ago. You guilt trip me again. I can feel myself believing. "Do you know how hard it was to let you go, Melina?" Please don't insult my guts reasoning: You never cared. "You never gave me something to fight for. Now I found you with somebody else!" I moved on. Those were your instructions. Our pupils can not part. I still feel like the girl riding in tea cups. Getting high off of love, climaxing on your chase. All I can do is smile at you. Grab your hand, kiss you for the very last time. Kiss you like i've never shared one with you. So gently, so pure, so true. "I'll always love you. You know that. But you'll never have nothing over me". I stand up, take all the bullets out of your game of roulette.

"After you"

No comments:

Post a Comment