Thursday, April 1, 2010

better luck next time.

I open my eyes and there you are. In a class room filled with faces we've been around for months and months at a time. Superiors that we eventually learned how to block out but you aren't close to me. You aren't beside me. You give me one of your looks. Those "I'm gonna teach you when I get my hands on you" kinda look. I am use to this at this point. But you see, it's been over a year and the a customs that I had to all your negativity and god damn power over me have faded. Faded with your name along the sea of discovery. I go back to the lesson and try my hardest to avoid any kind of contact with you. I can see from the corner of my eye your little savage attempts to get a rise out of me. But guess what? They aren't work anymore. You are livid to the point of coming up to me and giving me a piece of your mind. Your face is so close to mine that I can almost cave in and just kiss you. But I know that would be you winning. You gaining back every single bit of control you've ever had on me. But I hold my place and I ask you to evacuate my comfort zone. You see, you aren't part of it anymore. You just whisper in my ear "just watch, you're gonna regret it". and for the first time your threats don't phase me. They jump right over me. I get up and move myself out of your situation that has been created. ______ takes me away to ask me a few questions and as you see me creating a new security blanket you can see the fear in your eyes. Will I say too much? What is he going to ask me? But here it is. |"You two are inseparable. Why aren't you talking or sitting together?" It didn't take me long to answer. I was quite surprised. I looked at him right in the eyes and I guess the thrill in my face along with the gaze I gave you back said it better than I could. "Honestly sir, I couldn't tell you, really. But I'm okay with it"..

The bell rings and off we are. In another time and place that would be me chasing your tail and smudging you with all the love I now give myself. But instead I smile and wave a goodbye and go along my way towards this world, where you are just "one person". and not my universe anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment