Saturday, December 18, 2010

Round 2


you'll fall for the one that already has an engagement .
the one that has everything you've ever wanted .
sometimes life is funny like that.
giving you hope and wild ideas of what feelings do when they take over
Life can only give you so many signs until you begin to brush them off
people can just put up with so much of your blissful feelings.
and i get it, they're your emotions.
Your wonderful treasures, and sorted out luggage.
but i can't take what you're doing to my hard work and dedication;
your painting on my beautiful assorted canvas
& i'm learning that the past is what it is.
and the present is all I have.
What I was isn't who I am .
and who I am today is the lady i've always wanted to be.
So what happened this time around?
Where did i begin to question my bestest relationship?

1 comment:

  1. Very interesting stream of thought! I think the last line really adds a different dimension to this entry. The usage of "bestest" really throws a curve ball!

    I wonder, did the person speaking suddenly change "faces"?!

    ReplyDelete