Sunday, January 2, 2011

Lord, take this pain from me.


And I took out the flames before our whole world came crashing down.
But who ended up burnt? Because here I am with the same after affects from time ago.
I feel as if it doesn't matter how I went about all of this;
whether I sat here patiently waiting for you to take the best of me
or I took it upon me to cut this net that I was building out of cob webs .
Some how somewhere you got away with a special possession of mine and here I am now trying to redeem myself. Almost allowing myself to cave and tell you how sorry I am that I went about it this way.
Have I not grown? Have I not learned?
Because I don't love you. As a matter of fact, I feel nothing except what you feed my body physically.
but I feel i've lost a lover, I've lost a friend, I've lost myself.
Truth be told though, I did it all for love.
Love for myself, Love for the one that will never let me get away.
I refused to settle for a boy stuck in his teenage episodes .
A boy too scared to stop playing games and quit the fronting.
I poor insecure little excuse of a man that would tell me how flawless I am yet would continue to steal from me.
This is who I am baby love, something greater than who you met once upon a time.
My statement was never false; I'm on different stepping stones.
I've wiped away the wants and replaced them with the needs.
So as you go about your way selling my name to the streets , I give you my deepest part of humility ;
no hard feelings, but never - i hope you ever question "What if" .

No comments:

Post a Comment