Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Patria .

I'm not sure where I stand anymore. Which way the wind blows, or how to even get home. I just know that this isn't the life I had intended for. I wanted something much bigger than minimal interaction and one sided sorta love. I wanted to feel entitled to triumph, devoted to the growth my heart yearned for. There's such a thing as ego that has destroyed about everything that I have ever loved in my life. It has raped my family to shreds, taken hostage of the children who roamed between sheets at night. Has evicted any given man that has ever felt connected with my entity.

There's no way really to explain the clash there is between wanting to create life and having it destroyed before my eyes/ The world has become the enemy of anything ever lasting. We've turned against our mother land and our siblings. We have governments trying to restrain to the lands of our fathers that we've always known as sanctuary. There is nothing to teach our children, there's no example set aside to explain purity. The numbers of death speak power, the amount of profit in the stock market demonstrates entitlement, The colour of our sisters skin will define her worth.

My child will never understand love between nations, the flavor of foods, the taste of the oceans that divide us from our roots. Never will it understand the power of prayer. The emotion of passion or the sound of their very own soul. Sand and particles will never touch these beautifully combined chromosomes. Never will languages be taught inside our walls, How will dinners be seasoned, Where will I attain rhythm to pass onto the curves my child will possess?

No comments:

Post a Comment