Friday, October 22, 2010

Cash it in.


every time i have a toke, every time i light up a cigarette ; it takes me back to you. I get defeated by nature and the wind takes me away to the past. But i won't let it phase me, I won't let it make it's way into my skeletal system making itself part of my core. Because this time around I am my owner, I am my own child. And I promise to nurture you. mother you. love you.

Sometimes It's devastating to wanna be this good again.
Smiling some days isn't a desire.
But i know that's you , rude boy talking .
That's the set of cards you hold down.
I have a full house and i'm about to make you swallow your front .
I guess you bluffed and it was nothing but a poker face.

1 comment:

  1. Wow!! I love this! It's so different from your usual stuff. The diction used, the tone...the everything. It's a really interesting change and mirrors the transformations in your own life.

    ReplyDelete