Sunday, August 15, 2010

Hay Amores.


far away, beyond miles of the sea; I've found sanctuary. In the mornings I wake up to the sound of waves hitting rocks, I walk into a view that takes a good minute to grasp onto. Dressed down in over sized ponchos and espresso's every morning, I can easily make this my religion. I hear Spanish guitars down my the water, i smell fresh baked bread, I touch the face of seven lives; she gets my blissful thinking. My smile no longer is an accessory, my body no longer feels the need to hide behind layers of bulletproof vests. I don't forget you, or her, or them. I honor your memories, I grasp on tightly to your lessons. But you see, I live for me now and this is where I belong. In the mist of millions of Spaniards finding their way home, of tourists finding a purpose in their life, of lovers trying to keep the flame burning. In the evenings I make my way down this beautiful road in Valencia, I come across the gypsy of the night who repeats her story of a lost love. I smile at her, I have full belief in her. I see the crowd taking in life; Flamingo dancers allowing you into their bodies, telling a story along with the music and the way they move their hips. I find a seat along with my wine. I dont need my six senses, all I need is my body to feel the music rush through me. The way love once use to. & suddenly. I feel you again. Like the night we gave ourselves to one another, the night you made all my pain go away.

2 comments:

  1. I really like this, I like a lot of your stuff lately lol. It's very different, and once again takes a new perspective on things, feels like a new story. :)

    Here are a couple of lines I really enjoyed:
    "My smile no longer is an accessory"
    "In the mist of millions of Spaniards finding their way home"

    Feels like change has struck you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw shucks. You're too sweet. Im really trying , honestly i am! I wanna do different stuff.

    ReplyDelete