Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Peeling Layers.

We laughed, no matter what we laughed together.
We use to also play, a lot.
Adolescence hit us maybe, or the story got so twisted it never was the same.
You and I can't even sit in a room together without somebody ending up walking out.
Does the truth hurt too much to hear now? Or can we not stomach one another?
I remember this one moment in time: tucking sheets within our bunk bed poles, making a fort.
You sneaked snacks from mom's secret cabinet, gave me my favorite flavor of starbursts. I smiled at you and turned the flashlight right into your face. I think you called me a fool for doing that haha. Remember the time you destroyed dads record player and you got away with it? Oh boy, was he upset. What I always remember is the love I had for you. You are about the only thing in my life that is untouched, the only thing they didn't get to. Maybe i'm a little jealous, possibly a little intimidated. I don't understand how I have years on top of you and you still came out brighter. However, I am so overjoyed with love and honor when I see who you are. I just wish you had never let my hand go. You didn't underneath bed sheets when we were seven, you didn't through turns in race car tracks. Not even when I walked you to school.
I had no idea how much blood could call one another.
Mine's been calling your name for some time now.
Can you feel it too?

No comments:

Post a Comment