Friday, August 5, 2011

Critters of the night.


I count the hours until sundown as i watch the sun say goodbye to another day. Something about summer nights that are rapidly turning into fall amuses me. There's this sudden peace that takes over my core.
Stars slowly begin to fill the sky and the moon looks reachable tonight. A warm cup of tea and some scripts are my calling for this bittersweet moment. This moment that has me so mind bottled. I begin wishing on shooting stars and staring at the big dipper in amazement. This is truly too beautiful for me to captivate. Beauty that i am not familiar with lately.
Could it stay like this forever? In this moment where I can take in fully who I am and what everything's become? Where sitting with myself, my emotions, my stories, and my failures isn't as painful? Because something about these summer nights makes my existence a little bit easier. Without the sun, without the noise, without the pressures of everyday routines. But it's not that accessible. For now, i might just have to keep pulling on these drags, and editing these drafts, and keep sipping on earl grey teas. For now, it's all that lets me push through. Until I wait for a better tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment