Friday, January 18, 2013

Open Mic Night.

It's been a while..again. I really suck at this updating stuff. Funny thing is, I have tons to update on. But for now i'll share this bit of exciting news

I'll be performing tonight downtown at a small venue in the gay district. I'm pretty excited/nervous for it. I haven't picked up a microphone in front of more than a few friends in a very long time. This is my way of facing one of my biggest fears: stage fright. It's so much more than just stage fright though. It's everything. From getting the lyrics wrong to passing out in front of everyone due to nerves-AH! But I'm going to do it, I've had my heart set on it for a while and I can't back out now. I even went and rented out a room at DC music to practice. I'm serious about this lol. Even if it is the corniest cover of "Torn" and a pop song from my high school days.

Somehow, i'm doing all this to find my way back to myself. That's my goal for 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment